Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Starting the Christmas season right....with our TREE!!

We started the Christmas season the same as always....by trekking through a Christmas tree farm on the side of a mountain up in Sparta, NC on Saturday after Thanksgiving....however, this year, it was done TURBO style!!! Honestly, I don't mind admitting that I am a bit of a Christmas tree snob and I do take my tree selection very seriously! My husband can attest to the fact that I sometimes can take 45 minutes or so to make my official decision, after 100s of trees have been considered and kids are running wild. This year was just a bit different and lead to different selection strategies!! This year, winter has decided to come early, and on the day we chose to go up to Sparta for the annual trip, it was 31 degrees with 22mph winds, meaning it felt more like 19degrees. Not quite the temperature I would like to be in while taking my time, very carefully sizing up every possible tree! This year's decision was based on one thing: what tree stood out when we looked down the hill along the rows!! I maybe only considered 5 possible trees this year before the decision was made, the tree was chopped, and we were nice and toasty inside the payment shed enjoying our hot chocolate :) But you know what, our tree was perfect and I loved it! Maybe next year we'll get to spend a bit more time playing on the tree farm though.



No comments:

Post a Comment