Saturday, February 27, 2010

journaling the funnies.

My friend, Pat Gibbs, ALWAYS reminds me to write down the funny things that Reilly (and one day, Braxton too) says. This is something she has done for EACH of her grandchildren since they were of talking age and it's amazing to look back over the countless CDs she has, full of journals she has written about her favorite children. It's something I've tried to do informally, in a small sprial notebook I keep in the kitchen, but I'm sure I don't do near as good as job at it as she does!! But, in an attempt to remember the funnies, here are a couple that Reilly came up with yesterday:

1. With the ridiculous 40+ MPH winds we were having this week, we pulled in the driveway from running errands one day and Reilly was intently looking out the window. All the sudden she said, "mommy, I think that tree over there is dancing." precious.

2. I am ALWAYS cold. Always. My hands and feet are always feezing...even when we're inside! And, according to the following statement, I must always be complaining about it! Reilly is NEVER cold. She takes after her daddy, apparently. So, one day this week, as I was routinely complaining about how cold I was while we were playing in the living room, Reilly finally looked at me and said, "mommy, go stand by the HEAT!". Thanks for the advice, sweet child.

No comments:

Post a Comment