Thursday, February 4, 2010

the "joys" of naptime intruders!

For the past three days, I have spent lots of time starting at our video monitor, watching Braxton STANDING in his crib, crying, fussing, jumping, and not going to sleep. Yesterday, he cried of and on for one hour b/c he was standing up and apparently did NOT want to get down. He knows how to because I've also watched him do that on the handy-dandy video monitor, but for some reason, he just wouldn't! So, after 30 minutes of standing, he finally just decided to put his thumb in his mouth and attempt at falling asleep while standing. I took a picture of the video monitor to show Shawn b/c I knew if I went in there with a camera he would only get more upset....

Of course, makes sense, right?! This is something that Reilly NEVER did. I made sure that during her awake times, we practiced the art of getting down from standing so we wouldn't have this battle during naptimes! Well, I guess I haven't spent as much time teaching this valuable skill to Braxton! Ahhhh....good naptimes, where have you gone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment