Friday, March 19, 2010

flash forward.

This morning, I found myself starting at my almost 3-yr. old daughter as if she were already a teenager. Let me explain. I was on the phone while she was trying to get my attention, and I quietly and sternly said to her, "Reilly, i'm on the phone, please wait a minute". Move ahead 15 minutes.....we were baking a cake for Braxton's birthday and she was pretending with a play phone. She was having numerous conversations to everyone in her life on her pretend cell phone. I turned to her and asked her to go and put her crayons away if she was done coloring. She quickly looked at me, pulled the phone out from her mouth and said, "mommy, I'm on the phone...just ONE minute." And then, promptly turned herself around, held the phone with her shoulder to her ear and said, "what's up dude?!" into the phone. EXCUSE ME?!!! What has my life come to?! I fear that I have just seen a breif moment of my life in about 10 years from now when I have a 13-yr. old on my hands with a cell phone growing out of her ear!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment