Monday, March 15, 2010

more and more proud of him.

I promise not to write a blog post about each of Shawn's school sessions, BUT, I just have to say how incredibly proud of him I am. He just finished his first session, two classes, at Liberty University and now has a week break before the next session and two more classes will begin. Let it be known...the first couple of weeks were pretty rough! It took a little time to get back in the mindset of college thinking and studying. It also took a while to develop a routine, figure out when and where was best to study, and get in a groove. After seeing how stressed Shawn was at the beginning, with life/work/school all fighting for his attention, I tried to help minimize the stress by convincing him that he didn't need to worry too much about school. "Just do as much as you need to do to get a 'C'. That's all that really matters and that way you won't completely burn yourself out." Well, I don't know if this bit of "advice" motivated him or if it was simply his OCD that kept him going, but Shawn was determined to do his best, just like he does in EVERY aspect of his life. And as he fought like heck to figure out (stupid) accounting, he finished the class with perfect grades. I have no idea how he manages all that is on his plate, but all I can say is that I am so so so proud of him. And, with this being his "week off" before two more classes start, he decided he needed to stay in the routine of reading ALL THE TIME, so he went and bought a 3" thick book to read "for pleasure". "ummm...excuse me, what have you done with my husband"!! I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Babe!! Your support means a lot, couldn't do it without you.

    ReplyDelete