Monday, April 4, 2011

Special Guest Reader!

Reilly had quite the special experience the other week. My mom, DeeDee, was coming into town to go to my Dr. appt. with me b/c I was going to have another ultrasound. It just so happened that she would be in Charlotte on a preschool day and that we would be done with our appointment right around the time that Reilly's preschool class has special readers come in. I mentioned the idea to my mom of her going to be the special reader and I think she almost jumped through the phone she was so excited. Being a Pre-K teacher/Preschool director herself, she loves more than anything getting to share her preschool with Reilly. So for mom to have the chance to enter into Reilly's preschool experience was so exciting!! I tried to explain to mom that it was a quick, 15 minute deal where she would read one, maybe two books. I think that translated to her educator mind as "plan-a 20-minute-lesson" to do with Reilly's class :) I literally had to remind her 16 times to tone it down a notch and remember, she was just going in to read, not teach :) When we walked in the classroom, Reilly was SO excited to see DeeDee in HER room! She even went around and introduced all of her friends to DeeDee, which was so special for mom. Mom chose a Dr. Suess book (since he is her absolute favorite childrens' author) and even brought stickers and a Cat in the Hat plush toy to be her "assistant" while she read. The kids were totally into mom. How could you not be when she reads a book as if she is acting out every single character and part in the story! Luckily, Ms. Jacobson had her camera and snapped a few pictures since I totally didn't even think about bringing mine along!


No comments:

Post a Comment