Monday, March 28, 2011

where did the last 4 years go??!

And yet again another cliche in regards to how old my children are.....WHERE did these 4 years go??!!! We have pretty much been celebrating Reilly's birthday for the past week, so it seems!, and she has enjoyed every minute of it. Starting with the big family cookout/party last weekend and then with several special events on her actual birthday, and then cupcakes to her class at school today AND the biggest, most exciting birthday present tonight! My goodness, I remember the days when birthdays were really something special to get excited about :)

Since Shawn was out of town for 5 days, and wouldn't be home until the evening of Reilly's birthday last night, I knew I had to make sure she felt it was still her birthday even though Daddy wasn't here. She started her morning awakening to a fabulously decorated bedroom, with purple streamers and red balloons, that I had put up Saturday night while she was sleeping. She LOVED this.

Then we headed to Panera for a special birthday breakfast which consisted of her favorites: cinnamon crunch bagel with butter, blueberry muffin, pumpkin muffin (all of which we shared!), and chocolate milk. After breakfast she opened a couple small presents from mommy and daddy (some new things for her Doll house and a fancy new consignment sale find: a Hello Kitty shirt/skirt outfit). Since we are in a "no-birthday-party" year, we decided to let Reilly pick her favorite restaurant for us to have dinner and chose a friend to come along with us! Of course she chose her bestest friend, Sophie, and her favorite restaurant, On the Boarder!! (I promise, I had absolutely nothing to do with choice of location for dinner!!!!! We have just trained our children right :) Sophie came over to play for a while before we left for dinner, which gave Shawn's flight plenty of time to land in Charlotte and for him to get out of the airport and on his way up to surprise his little princess at the restaurant!! And it worked perfectly :) She was so excited that it was her birthday and we were out to dinner with her best friend! She even practiced for the "birthday song" that the waitresses come around and sing since she knew they were going to ask her to stand up on her seat! There were 3 other birthday guests at On the Boarder last night, and each time they came around to sing to the other guests, Reilly would say, "It's almost time for them to come sing to me!!" Of course, when the time finally did come, she looked like a deer caught in headlights, but then did follow protocol and stood on her seat, twirling her napkin above her head!! (it helped a bit that Sophie agreed to stand up with Reilly!). It was quite a fun dinner.








There are SO many things that I love about my big girl:
  • I LOVE your passion
  • I love your laughter and sense of humor
  • I love that you love to be tickled and you think mommy and daddy should just lay down and surrender to you tickling us!
  • I love how compassionate you are
  • I love how you are addicted to making "notes" for people!! all. the. time!!
  • I love how well you write!
  • I love how much you enjoy puzzles and that you are sooooo good at them!! you biggest one so far is a 63 puzzle...with tiny pieces!!
  • I love how "motherly" you are....even when it's not necessary :)
  • I love how you take care of your brother and help him (some of the times!)
  • I love how much you love being with friends...even though it makes me crazy how much you ask to be with friends!
  • I love hearing you pray such authentic prayers!
  • I love hearing you tell Bible stories that you have learned.
  • I love the questions that you ask....you are SUCH an inquisitive little girl and you are a very deep thinker for your ripe age of 4!
  • I love that you want to do everything by yourself, for yourself. you. are. so. independent.
  • I love how much you LOVE your Daddy!!!
  • I LOVE that you can perform your favorite Chris Tomlin and Toby Mac songs in front of an audience, singing every word and even dancing to the music!
  • I LOVE hearing you sing soooo many songs about Jesus that you hear on the radio. You LOVE music!
  • I love that nobody can make you change your mind, and I pray that one day God uses that for HIS glory!
  • I love that you have a relationship with 3 sets of grandparents and 3 great-grandparents and that you LOVE talking on the phone to them!
  • I love that you remind me so much of myself....well, sometimes I love this and sometimes this makes me want to scream real loud :)
  • I love that you are such a leader.
  • I love hearing you "read" your books and am amazed that you use the exact words, BIG words, from each page!
  • I love that you are my firstborn and you are our princess and you are the best big sister two little brothers will ever have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment