Monday, March 7, 2011

Valentines Day treats!

This year I had a vision for a fun, Valentine's Day themed photo shoot for the kids. I keep telling myself that I MUST get better about taking "real" pictures of my own kids and stop letting time go by without capturing the special things! So, even though it takes 3x the effort and planning than a regular photo shoot, I insisted on doing this one and I'm so glad I did!! The kids had a blast, even though I typically only get about 12-14 minutes of time in before they loose it and cannot take any more direction from me :)









Shawn and I decided to do our Valentine's date night on Sunday so we could actually spend V-Day with our children at home. I got creative and made a "red dinner" for us to enjoy to celebrate the "love day"!! I died spaghetti noodles red (they ended up pink!), colored butter red for our bread, made strawberry milk, and red jello with whip cream for desert! The kids thought it was pretty cool that we had an entirely red meal. I even pulled out red place mats and red napkins for the occasion :) It was pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment