Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Braxton is TWO!

I know this is so cliche to say, but seriously, how in the world is my baby boy already 2 years old??!! I still can't believe it. We have had so many birthday celebrations around here to make him feel super special! Since we did the big family birthday party on Saturday, we still wanted to make sure that we recognized his birthday today, so we planned a special lunch out on the porch with just mommy and daddy. Then we gave him birthday presents from us (a basketball goal and a super sweet hot wheels big wheel...thanks to the consignment sale!). He has been totally obsessed with the basketball goal that the big boys next door have so we knew this would be a "slam dunk" present (HAHA! no pun intended :)...ok, yeah it was!).







Since we already had the super special birthday cake on Saturday, we decided to just give Braxton a birthday donut (b/c he LOVES donuts!)with a candle in it after we had a Chick-Fil-A dinner, which of course was in honor of Braxton's favorite place to eat and had nothing at all to do with his mother and father's favorite place :)






There are so many things that I am just in love with about Braxton right now and I don't want to miss any of "who" he is at this ripe age of 2, so I'm going to make a list! Enjoy!
  • I love that you would rather snuggle with me and suck your thumb than do most other things!
  • I love that you have just learned how to say "yeah" instead of nodding your head "yes" and you say it all the time!
  • I love that you LOVE your sister so much and that she can make you laugh harder than anyone else.
  • I love that you are totally into balls; all kinds!
  • I love that you always clean your plate, but that you're not such a fan of many sweets!
  • I love the way you smile; with your eyes half way opened and your teeth shining bright!
  • I love that you have such a soft and gentle spirit :)
  • I love that after 6 months of speech therapy, you are now using over 40 words! Yeah Buddy!
  • I love that you know the color "blue" and you request it most of the time.
  • I love that you can go up ladders/steps and down slides all by yourself while I just sit and watch :)
  • I love that you are completely obsessed with remotes of ALL kinds (ok, I don't love this one so much, but this is definitely who you are right now!)
  • I LOVE how excited you get when Daddy or Reilly or I walk into the room to see you.
  • I love how you suck your thumb, either thumb, and put your first 2 fingers by your nose.
  • I love how you will lie down ANYwhere (the hardwood, the front door mat, the sofa, the middle of the room) and put your thumb in your mouth and say "night night".
  • Your favorite things to eat are breakfast bars, Cinnamon crunch cereal, bananas, chips and dip, chicken fingers, french fries and yogurt!
  • I LOVE that you will eat the spiciest Mexican food and it doesn't even phase you!
  • I love that you have big brown eyes just like your momma!
  • I love that you love to wrestle with your daddy while he tickles you, but that you aren't rough at all!
  • I love that you recognize and get excited about your favorite contemporary Christian songs by Toby Mac or Chris Tomlin!
  • I love love love how hard you squeeze for hugs :)
  • I love how much you love your "puppy" (lovey to sleep with).

No comments:

Post a Comment