Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Fever!

Oh this weather has been so gorgeous :) Yesterday I took the kids up to Clark Creek Park to play on the playground there and it was definitely a milestone moment in my parenting! I actually sat on the bench, in the sun, while my children played on the playground!! Braxton climbed the stairs/ladder and went down the slide by himself and Reilly just played around doing whatever! It was so nice! And then, the pinnacle came when Reilly FINALLY understood how to pump her legs and swing by herself! We have, of course, been working on this for quite a while, but it hasn't ever really clicked for her. Yesterday, after I pushed her a few times, I could see her watching her shadow on the ground and she was doing all the proper movements with her body/legs so I could tell she was really trying to figure it all out. I gave her a bit more coaching and encouragement and within a few minutes, it all came together! Praise the Lord!! I actually got to sit and WATCH her swing, instead of break my arms pushing her over and over and "higher and higher"! It was fabulous :) And boy was she soooo excited!! When we got home, she wanted to go on to our playset and practice more swinging after naptime. So, we went out there and I got her started and off she went! The most precious part was listening to her while she was swinging. She was just praising God for everything! "Thank you God for this wonderful day! Thank you for the sunshine and blue skies! Thank you for the clouds and birds chirping! Thank you God for everything!" and then she looked at me, "Mommy, this is such a beautiful day!". I love that she is so full of praise and knows exactly Who deserves all the glory for the many blessings we have! It is such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment