Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pictures of "Mommy +kids"!!

I had a very sad realization the other week. Braxton's preschool teacher asked us to send in a picture of me and him together to put in the classroom so in case he was sad during these first weeks of school, he could go look at the picture of us and it would comfort him. As I was looking through our 5,000 pictures of family things, I literally could not find ONE picture of just me and Braxton, much less one of me with ANY of my children by myself. Really? Is that possible that I seriously am that concerned about capturing the moment that I don't ever GET IN THE MOMENT myself? That was a really hard realization for me to consider that my children will not have near as many pictures of themselves with mommy because I'm always behind the camera. So, I am committed to being IN pictures with my kids now!! And, coincidentally, my good photographer friend came to town this week and just so happen to teach me a little trick to allow me to get in front the camera while it automatically snaps a shot every second for as many frames as I set!! How cool is that?? So I've been playing with this new little feature today and was able to get some fun pictures of me with my kids! They may not be the most perfect pictures, but I am with my children and it's captured forever, and that's the point :)







No comments:

Post a Comment