Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Landscaping!

Shawn and I LOVE to do landscaping projects!! We really do! We were "hired" by one of my YL girls' parents when we first got married to take some plans that they had a landscape architect draw for them and implement it in their yard on our own. It was a huge job and we loved every minute of it! Last season, having just been in our house for 6 months or so, we didn't do too much to the landscaping that the builder installed. Quite honestly, when compared to the rest of the houses on our street and even in our "village", we got much better plants/trees than they did, for whatever reason! Anyway, we knew we wanted to do more so this year we decided to get it done! Projects like these ALWAYS end up being a tad more time intensive and money intensive as originally planned, but in the end, I'm SO excited about what we accomplished! Here are some before and after photos, as well as some "in action" shots throughout the project....

first of two loads of dirt to fill in and build up beds:

Daddy's little helper...our neighbor had a miniature wheelbarrow and she LOVED it!


Oh, the plants!
One of Shawn's employees, Roger, came to help, along with Shawn's dad. Such HUGE help!


I must interject a brag on my husband here....just minutes after this shot of me planting one last perennial, I headed to a SPA for a 3 hour treatment! Shawn gave me this gift for Mothers' Day and had already arranged for both kids to be in Greensboro with my parents all day Saturday/night. It was heavenly! After I returned from the spa, Shawn and I headed downtown for an awesome dinner at Rock Bottom and then to see Dave Koz (Shawn's FAVORITE sax player) in concert. It was an awesome day/night! Thanks babe!

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

Before:

After:
Before:
After:

No comments:

Post a Comment