Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dress up! ....oh wait.....

So, this morning we had a playdate. The little girl next door who is only 2 months older than Braxton came over to play for a couple hours. The kids LOVE to play with Marlee and they all did really well together! We had just a little incident though. The girls, Reilly and Marlee, wanted to play dress up....like ALL girls do. So Marlee immediately grabbed a princess dress and threw it on. Well, this made Braxton feel left out, so he quickly ran to the dress up box, pulled out the prettiest, purple princess dress, and brought it to me to help him put on. I went along with his request, because, afterall, he just wanted to play with his friend! And besides, he's only 2...it's not like he's going to fall in love with wearing dresses all the sudden! Of course I had to capture this on camera....Braxton and Marlee, playing dress up together:



Well, after I called Shawn to share to "funny" story with him, he very adamantly asked me to get out the Police Office outfit that I recently bought at a consignment sale to give Braxton for Christmas to add to the "dress up box" for him to wear. I really wanted to keep it for Christmas present, but I guess now was an appropriate time :) Yes honey, I'll let him be something more "manly" for pretend play now.

No comments:

Post a Comment