Monday, January 11, 2010

"the BOX"!

Let me start by saying...I LOVE TRADITIONS!!! I am a very traditional, like-it-the-same-way-every-year kinda girl. I love my family's Christmas Eve traditions. I love that we go to Blowing Rock every October. I love doing the same things year after year! I get so excited just thinking about starting traditions with our family. I came across an idea for a new tradition to start from a friends' blog (http://franklyjournaling.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-year.html) and I loved it!!! To re-cap the idea, you get a plain box in January and have the kids decorate it for the current year. Then, throughout the year you fill it with any special momento, be it tickets from a special show/performance, a program from a special service, newspaper clippings, etc.

So, here's our first annual "box" painting! Of course the paiting got a little carried away towards the end...which just added to the fun!! Reilly decided Braxton needed to have his handprint on the box since he wasn't able to actually help with the paiting. And then she thought mommy and daddy should have their hands painted as well:) It's all for the memories, right?!!
I can't wait to look back through this special collection of memories at the end of the year!







3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love how the WHOLE family got involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea...we may have to copy you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to copy too. CUTE CUTE CUTE!

    ReplyDelete