Thursday, January 7, 2010

a couple funnies...

from this evening. Both of these statements were said by Reilly Turner within a 45 minute time frame....which is why this child keeps me laughing AND on my toes!

(scenario: Braxton has been pulling up on his knees in his crib lately, so we finally decided it was time to lower his mattress! Due to several circumstances, Shawn wasn't going to be able to do it for the 4 nights, and it really needed to be done NOW. So, I decided that I would just do it by myself. I had just finished putting everything back together after a successful operation and was holding Braxton on my lap while Reilly watched.)

me: Braxton, you're getting so big...you're crib looks like a big-boy crib now! I don't want you to get bigger!! (turning to Reilly) I don't want you to get bigger either, Reilly. Can't you stay little forever??

reilly: but mommy, I want to ride go carts.
(everytime we pass the NASCAR speedpark at Concord Mills, we tell her that she can ride the go-carts when she gets "bigger"....this is what she came up with during my sentimental moment of wishing my kids would stay little forever.)

(Later on, I was exhausted and had been running around ALL DAY. I put Braxton down on the ground in front of some toys.)

me: Reilly, I just need to sit down for a minute by myself. You and Braxton play over there for a few minutes.

Reilly: mommy, are you in "time out"??

me: absolutely! I am in time out. Let mommy have a time out for a few minutes, please.

(I should put myself in time-out MUCH more often...what a great idea, Reilly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment