Friday, January 29, 2010

Recent Happenings....

We've had a good week in the Turner household. Still getting used to Daddy's new school/studying schedule though!! Last week was pretty hard on Shawn, just getting accustomed to studying again, self-teaching, study hours, locations best suited for studying at, and dealing with a unusually busy week in our personal schedules! This week has been much better. He has discovered that the UNCC library is by far the most conducive for reading, studying, and test-taking, so that's been good! He's had two late nights there this week, but overall, doesn't feel NEAR as overwhelmed with the whole "school challenge" as last week!

We decided that it was time to switch Braxton into a "big boy" car seat b/c his little legs are just so long, they stick right over the end of the infant carrier! Instead of investing another $300 in a car seat, we went for the $99 high back booster (with a fabulous 5-point harness...such a PAIN!) for Reilly and gave Braxton her "old" seat. It's kinda sad that I can't just look in the rear-view and see him anymore in the mirror b/c the big seat blocks my view! but, I LOVE hearing him and Reilly laugh at each other the entire time we're riding in the car these days since they can now see eachother better!



Here are some random fun pics that I have taken this week of the kids.....

Reilly's entry in the "Live with Regis and Kelly" contest:

(I didn't enter Braxton this year...I'll wait until next year when he's a bit older!)






We had a "pizza picnic by the fire" night the other night:



Braxton has some "new" (from consignment!) jammies that I just think are ridiculously cute...so, I took some pics of him in them this morning:) Yes. I. Did.


Yes, the kids and I definitely went out to buy new sleds for the forecaster "Winter Storm of 2010" this weekend. I'm sure we totally jinxed ourselves and we will have no snow....but just in case!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment