Sunday, January 24, 2010

imagination gone wild!

So, I've been having some trouble lately accommodating Reilly's imagination. You see, she frequently likes to pretend that all sorts of "friends" are joining us in our daily adventures and sometimes (or, a LOT of the times) her "friends" really "slow my roll", if you know what I mean! It's almost always when I'm ready to get out the door and go, Reilly is holding things up b/c "someone" needs to be buckled in the front seat or the back seat or just right before we can go. Or, another common occurrence: It's five minutes PAST time for her to go take a nap and we're pretending in the kitchen and I tell her it's time to go but am told "the cake isn't ready yet, mommy" or, "but mommy, your lunch is almost ready and we haven't eaten yet"!

So, my question is, at what point do I intervene to put an end to the schedule-interrupting-imaginary-play???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment